MORE ABOUT NYLESA | What we do
NYLESA organizes a variety of activities designed to give our members the opportunity to socialize and network. Most of the activities are organized once a month - see event calendar.
Events for members and non-members
- Coffee Gathering - monthly, from 10:00 to12:00, often 2nd or 3rd Wednesday of each month, open to members and other people who are interested to find out about NYLESA community. Participants are expected to contribute $10 towards venue costs, no payment required for gathering coincide with the Annual General Meeting (April) or addition Steering Committer election.
- Cocktail Gathering - monthly, from 18:00-20:00, often 3rd Thursday of each month, members, their spouse and any others who are interested to socialize with our community.
Members only events
- Career Support Table - one up to several events a month, can be talks, training or workshops with topics aims to provide members with information or enhance skills on networking and job-search both within and outside the UN.
- Language Practice Tables (Dutch, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Turkish and Urdu) - mostly once a month for each language, opportunities for members to practice respective language on specific themes/topics and explore culture.
- NYLESA Connect and Special events
The SC liaise with focal points of various UN agencies and HR personnel to promote the activities of the Association as well as exploring various job opportunities within the UN for members.